HSE Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services - CAHMS
Rosbrien Rd County Limerick IE
he Mid West CAMHS service is delivered by 5 multidisciplinary teams across Limerick, Clare & North Tipperary.
Each team comprises the following disciplines: Consultant Psychiatrists, Doctors, Nurses, Clinical Psychologists,Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, Child Care Workers & Administration.
The multi-disciplinary team provides assessment and treatment for children presenting with mental health issues. A range of therapies are available including play therapy, cognitive-behavioural therapy, family therapy, parenting groups, psychopharmacology, behavioural interventions, individual psychotherapy, group work and other structured therapeutic
The Limerick CAMHS teams see children and adolescents up to their 18th birthday. The North Tipperary and Clare CAMHS teams see children and adolescents up to their 16th birthdays.
Children and their families attend CAMHS for a variety of reasons. The following are the mental health difficulties we help with:
- Depression / Mood Disorder
- Anxiety (which is generalized, complex and severe)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity (ADHD)
- Post-traumatic Stress Response/disorder
- Self Harm
- Eating Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Consultation in relation to Complex Developmental Problems or diagnoses
Referrals can be made to Mid West CAMHS by any of the following professionals:
- Area Medical Officers
- Doctors in the Hospital